Thank you for registering for the Fall 2019, Anvil Men’s Boot Camp. This will be our 6th run and we are so excited about this upcoming weekend where we get to unplug and to step back 50-yards from the front-lines, retreating to the wilderness to spend time with God and in fellowship with one another.
On this page you will find all of the information you need to help you prepare for the weekend, including directions, packing information, etc. Please read through the information closely. Also please keep an eye on your email as we draw closer to the event for any last-minute details that may arise.
This weekend is rooted in the Wild at Heart model. We ask that each man please read Wild at Heart by John Eldredge before attending. If you have read it before, you are encouraged to read it once more as a refresher. If you don’t have a copy, you can order one through Amazon.
You can also order through Kindle or on audio book through Audible or Google Play Books.
Reading this book ahead of the weekend will help prepare your heart and mind for what this weekend will entail.
The weekend will run from Thursday, October 17 – Sunday October 20.
Check-in time will be between 5:00PM and 6:30PM on Thursday.
Please grab dinner on the way up. Our first session will start at approximately 7:30PM. Please make every effort to arrive on time.
We will be at the Jackson River House in Clarkesville, GA on the Soque River
Address: 160 Red Oak Lane Clarkesville, GA 30523
Travel Times: Loganville, GA 1.5 Hour. Greenville, SC 1.5 Hours. Atlanta, GA 2 Hours
Watch for The Anvil Banner when arriving.
We will encourage you to carpool. If you would like to offer yourself as a driver or are in search of someone to drive with, Click Here to leave a post and begin arranging carpools.
Additional Preparation Information
- Clothes and toiletries for 4 days and 3 nights. Dress for varying weather. We are in the mountains in the Fall and may have warm or cold weather.
- Bring Airbeds or Cots if you have them. There are beds for 9-10 men, so extra airbeds will be useful.
- If you wish to camp, you may bring small tents or hammocks to camp around the property. You will still, of course, have access to showers and facilities.
- There are towels and linens, but but bring an extra towel. Bring an extra pillow and/or blanket/sleeping bag if preferred.
- Bring any specific snacks you prefer. Snacks will be available.
- There’s to be absolutely no alcoholic beverages on property during the weekend.
- Bring Wild at Heart for reference during The Weekend.
- Bring fishing gear if you’d like, including fly fishing gear, if available.. We will be on the Soque River, which is some of the best trout fishing east of the Mississippi.
- We will ask that phones be cutoff Thursday evening. The emergency contact number is Richard Clinton’s cell phone. Please give your wife or whoever you need to, Richards’s phone number (770) 906-8534. Also, Amber, Richard’s wife (770) 906-4796, will be additional contact for emergencies.
- Please do NOT bring any electronics; The plan is to be technology free this weekend. This will allow you to be fully present for these 4 days.
- Bring a camping style folding chair as well for outside around the fire and sessions.
- We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle with you. Bottled water will not be provided, to cut down on trash.
- Other activities will be planned and made available when you arrive, which will include
- Trout fishing on the Soque
- Shooting range
- Many waterfalls that can be hiked to in the area
- We will be close to the Helen Alpine village
- Holy smokes around the fire pit
- and more
Don’t forget that any final balances are due by September 30. Click here to pay your balance.
Again, please watch your email and text for additional information as the weekend draws near. If you have any questions, you may email email@example.com.
Be in Prayer:
Lastly men, as you prepare for this weekend, we encourage you continue to spend time in prayer to prepare your heart. Trust me, the closer this weekend gets, the harder the warfare will come as the enemy will try to stop you. We will be continuing to pray over each of you men as we prepare for this adventure. We pray that you come without expectations of any outcomes, but just with an open heart and with full anticipation of what the Father will do thru this time.