Thank you for registering for the Fall 2021, Anvil Men’s Boot Camp. We are so excited about this upcoming weekend where we get to unplug and to step back 50-yards from the front-lines, retreating to the wilderness to spend time with God and in fellowship with one another.
On this page you will find all of the information you need to help you prepare for the weekend, including directions, packing information, etc. Please read through the information closely. Also please keep an eye on your email as we draw closer to the event for any last-minute details that may arise.
This weekend is rooted in the Wild at Heart model. We encourage each man to read Wild at Heart by John Eldredge before attending to help prepare and orient your heart for the weekend. If you have read it before, you are encouraged to read it once more as a refresher. If you don’t have a copy, you can order one through Amazon.
You can also order through Kindle or on audio book through Audible or Google Play Books.
Reading this book ahead of the weekend will help prepare your heart and mind for what this weekend will entail.
The weekend will run from Thursday, November 11 – Sunday November 14.
Check-in time will be between 3:00PM and 5:30PM on Thursday. ***All balances must be paid by check-in to be able to participate***
Dinner will be served at Strong Rock Camp at 6:00PM Thursday Night with first session beginning at 7:00PM.
Please make every effort to arrive on time. The first night helps set the stage for the rest of the weekend.
We will conclude at approximately 12:30 PM on Sunday November 14th.
This Anvil will be located at Strong Rock Camp just north of Cleveland, GA off US 129 in the Appalachian Foothills.
Address: 577 Horse Range Drive, Cleveland, GA 30528
GPS Coordinates: 34.64528, -83.835414
Travel Times: Athens, GA 1.5 Hours. Atlanta, GA 1.5 Hours. Macon, GA 2.5 Hours
Greenville, SC 2 Hours. Charlotte, NC 3.5 Hours. Nashville, TN 4.5 Hours
Nearest airport: Hartfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta. 1.5 hour drive.
Follow signs from the entrance for parking and registration.
At registration you will sign-in and receive your welcome packet and rooming information.
***Please do not drive on the grass at the camp, per camps request. ***
We will encourage you to carpool. If you are coming with a group from your local church or community, please coordinate transportation.
If you’d like to offer driving for your area, you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you coordinated with men in your area.
Additional Preparation Information
- Clothes and toiletries for 4 days and 3 nights. Dress for varying weather. We are in the mountains in mid-Fall and weather can vary.
- Bunks are provided, however, you will need to bring pillows, linens or sleeping bags, and towels.
- Bring any essential medications.
- All meals will be provided from dinner Thursday, through lunch on Sunday at departure. Snacks will be available as well.
- You may bring snacks of your own if you wish.
- There’s to be absolutely no alcoholic beverages on property during the weekend.
- There will be opportunities to fish at Strong Rock’s on site lakes (Catch and Release Only), so bring fishing gear is you wish.
- We will ask that phones be cutoff Thursday evening. The emergency contact number is Richard Clinton’s cell phone. Please give your wife or whoever you need to, Richard’s phone number (770) 906-8534. Also, Amber, Richard’s wife (770) 906-4796, will be additional contact for emergencies.
- Please do NOT bring any electronics; The plan is to be technology free this weekend. This will allow you to be fully present for these 4 days.
- We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle with you.
- Bring extra cash or cards for optional items, including ministry merchandise and optional activities during free time.
Again, please watch your email and text for additional information as the weekend draws near. If you have any questions, you may email email@example.com.
Be in Prayer:
Lastly men, as you prepare for this weekend, we encourage you continue to spend time in prayer to prepare your heart. Trust us, the closer this weekend gets, the harder the warfare will come as the enemy will try to stop you. We will be continuing to pray over each of you men as we prepare for this adventure. We pray that you come without expectations of any outcomes, but just with an open heart and with full anticipation of what the Father will do thru this time.
We can’t wait to see you in November!