Thank you for registering for the Spring 2020, Anvil Men’s Boot Camp. This will be our 7th run and we are so excited about this upcoming weekend where we get to unplug and to step back 50-yards from the front-lines, retreating to the wilderness to spend time with God and in fellowship with one another.
On this page you will find all of the information you need to help you prepare for the weekend, including directions, packing information, etc. Please read through the information closely. Also please keep an eye on your email as we draw closer to the event for any last-minute details that may arise.
This weekend is rooted in the Wild at Heart model. We ask that each man please read Wild at Heart by John Eldredge before attending. If you have read it before, you are encouraged to read it once more as a refresher. If you don’t have a copy, you can order one through Amazon.
You can also order through Kindle or on audio book through Audible or Google Play Books.
Reading this book ahead of the weekend will help prepare your heart and mind for what this weekend will entail.
The weekend will run from Thursday, March 26 – Sunday March 29.
Check-in time will be between 5:00PM and 6:30PM on Thursday. ***Final balances must be paid by check-in to be able to participate***
Please grab dinner on the way up. Great BBQ place called “The Spotted Pig,” that many alumni have visited.
Our first session will start at approximately 7:00 PM. Please make every effort to arrive on time.
We will conclude at approximately 12:00 PM on Sunday the 29th.
We will be returning to Oconee State Park in Mountain Rest, SC.
Address: 624 State Park Rd, Mountain Rest, SC 29664
Travel Times: Loganville, GA 2 Hours. Greenville, SC 1.25 Hours. Atlanta, GA 3.5 Hours
We will be in the Barracks cabin. Follow signs through the park for directions to the Barracks. Watch for Anvil banner at Barracks driveway.
We will encourage you to carpool. If you would like to offer yourself as a driver or are in search of someone to drive with, Click Here to leave a post and begin arranging carpools.
Additional Preparation Information
- Clothes and toiletries for 4 days and 3 nights. Dress for varying weather. We are in the mountains in early Spring and may have warm or cold weather.
- Linens and towels are provided at the Barracks and cabins. You may wish to bring an extra blanket or sleeping bag.
- Hiking shoes and head lamps. There is a planned early morning hike to a local waterfall.
- You may also camp if you wish, however, you will be responsible for booking a camp site with Oconee State Park. .
- Bring any specific snacks you prefer. Snacks will be available.
- Bring cigars if you wish to enjoy a Holy Smoke. Cigars will also be available on site.
- There’s to be absolutely no alcoholic beverages on property during the weekend.
- Bring Wild at Heart for reference during The Weekend.
- Bring fishing gear if you’d like, including fly fishing gear, if available.. There is a well stocked lake at Oconee State Park. **Please adhere to South Carolina and Park fishing regulations. Temporary fishing license can be purchased at https://dnrlicensing.sc.gov/dnrlicensingsales/salescategories.aspx. 14 day Resident license $5.00, Non-Resident $11
- We will ask that phones be cutoff Thursday evening. The emergency contact number is Richard Clinton’s cell phone. Please give your wife or whoever you need to, Richard’s phone number (770) 906-8534. Also, Amber, Richard’s wife (770) 906-4796, will be additional contact for emergencies. The Emergency Contact for the Park Ranger’s office is (864) 638-5353
- Please do NOT bring any electronics; The plan is to be technology free this weekend. This will allow you to be fully present for these 4 days.
- Bring a camping style folding chair as well for outside around the fire and sessions.
- We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle with you. Bottled water will not be provided, to cut down on trash.
Don’t forget that any final balances are due March 14th.
Again, please watch your email and text for additional information as the weekend draws near. If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be in Prayer:
Lastly men, as you prepare for this weekend, we encourage you continue to spend time in prayer to prepare your heart. Trust me, the closer this weekend gets, the harder the warfare will come as the enemy will try to stop you. We will be continuing to pray over each of you men as we prepare for this adventure. We pray that you come without expectations of any outcomes, but just with an open heart and with full anticipation of what the Father will do thru this time.